The only way to make money in the airline industry is to keep your aircrafts in the air. After
all, every day an aircraft doesn’t fly, it can cost an airline thousands of dollars. According to
a recent study, the average replenishment cost for AOG situations are estimated around
$8,785 and the average delay cost is $22,753. This is a significant revenue loss for any
company, so we’ve compiled our top 5 ways to avoid AOG and eliminate costly downtime.
1. Maintain a list of part numbers with recurring problems from your previous AOGs.
This will allow you to move much quicker when a new problem does arise.
2. Have a partner stock their inventory with AOG components for you. Then you have
access to the components you need quickly and you can reduce the costs of storing
the inventory on your own.
3. Talk with your supplier regularly so they can stay up-to-date with your operations
and changing needs. The more your supplier is in the know, they can be a true
extension of your team, which can greatly reduce the amount of downtime.
4. Forecast and use predictive analytics to avoid over-investing in inventory. With the
technology available today, it’s possible to use analytics to identify the parts that are
most used and exchanged on an aircraft. With that data, you can send units for
repair ahead of time, saving time in crucial AOG situations.
5. Use a partner that you can trust. In AOG situations, you need to act fast and having
a partner you can count on can mean the difference of thousands of dollars in lost
revenue.Let a partner like Exodus get you back up and running in no time.
With Exodus Aircraft on Ground Services, you can rest assured that we have the right parts
and supply chain technology to get your aircraft back in the air in no time. We have the
extensive inventory, 24/7 availability, and experienced team to fulfill any need.
Contact us today at 954-995- 4407 for all crucial AOG situations, 24/7/365 days a year. You can
also, visit our website for online access to our AOG services.